Saturday, October 22, 2011

Some hand made books


As most of you know, making books is a great passion of mine. Before I leave for the weekend I thought I would share a couple of the books I’ve made in the past….so here they are.


Above - The first page of a book before the calligraphy which will read 'Two hearts connected by one thread
The front page has a pastel heart wit little triangle windows cut out of the corners.


Page 2 of the same book has a cut out heart. Page 3 and 4 also have cut out hearts and a gold thread is sewn from page 1 to 4 making sense of the quotation.


And an Egg Box Book....Very simple and effective


A close up of the book

Squares of paper folded into 4 and then folded the opposite way to form a type of cup that are then glued back to back and concertina up when they are closed.

This post is from waaaaay back and I found it in my Drafts box when I was having a good clear out of the last 5 years of my posts.
I will, sometimes soon give full details and instructions on making thus book, Stay tuned and happy creating :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...