Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Grow Your Own Veg!

It’s so much easier in many ways to receive and share information on face Book. Quite often I get links to items I plan to share on my blog, but then feel like I will combine them as part of a post…. Then forget all about it. So, if you have a Face Book account, come and join me and a lot more other ‘like minded folk’ and if you haven’t go and create one.

I saw this and just had to share. I heard about a scheme to take over unused land over a year and a half ago and I must admit I thought the idea was a bit….errrrmmm… unlikely. I mean, no one gives you land and lets you use it for free right? And ironically a plot of land to grow enough food to feed a family is quite simply mad. The area/person ratio…. BUT communally (and my views on communal living are that this is the only way forward for the future – as a collective I mean) yes communally this is doable. I have a group of friend who do this and have done for the past 2 years. Those who can dig, dig… those who can plant, plant… those who can weed, weed….etc. The older one of the group is virtually unable to do much at all, so he has the job of looking after the kids (I did say ‘kiddy entertainer then but it sounded NOT QUITE RIGHT!).

Anyway….for Eco Warriors, who give a toss what they are eating, where it comes from and how it is grown…take a look at this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jan/04/grow-your-own-unused-land-2030  I think you will find it interesting!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...