Thursday, January 14, 2010

Are You Following Your Bliss?

Most artists, writers and creative people share a common bond. A high proportion of creators people are spiritual and connect to something higher or outside of themselves. Some choose to call it deity, some call it their inner soul, others their sprit. Whatever or however you call it, is of no importance, natural creatives ‘know; and share that connection. I’ve pondered over this for a long time and tried to put my finger on how best to describe that ‘inner intuition’ to others. I’ve made a great many contacts, teachers, gurus and co-workers who have put their own slant on it. I’ve found that most of us, meditate, have a close connection with nature and a deep understanding of our ‘selves’ the inner aspects of our personalities that makes us both connect while staying truly unique and individual human beings.

As everyone who is a follower and reader of my blog will be aware, I follow the Turning of the Wheel, the celebration of the ever changing cycles and as the wheel turns so do we, not in a circle as you may think, but in a spiral. And with each turn we have learnt more, developed more and evolved more. Each year comes and goes and hopefully with reflection we can see not only where we have been, but where we are going.

I intend to write a series of articles to help other ‘Natural Creatives’ on their journey and avoid the pitfalls that I have undertaken during my 10 years in business. Feel free to comment, add to or ask questions.. I’ll answer them if I can and find out if I can’t. I’ll recommend books and sites that have been so helpful to me over the past few months. Lets share the journey together. Hopefully I’ll set up a forum sometime soon and we can all get together and network.

Although I celebrate the turning of the Wheel, I find this endless snow and cold tests my faith to the limits and is wearing a bit thin! But the advantage of that is I’ve been able to read more, learn more and understand more the rises and falls of being a Creative Entrepreneur and I’ve made a great many contacts along the way, who happily show and share their techniques and teachings with me and with their permission I in turn will share them with you. I will pull together all many of the beliefs that hold us back from making money from the thing we love to do most. My inspiration will be taken from the many books I have read over the years, from Self Awareness, Positive Thinking, Self Improvement, along with Marketing and Networking ideas and goals.

This is about following your bliss, being true to yourself and daring to dance the dream. Anyone up for this?

2 comments:

CJ said...

Count me in, Poppie!

Laura Hegfield said...

all so true pixie girl! We naturally creative folks do tend to have a clear connection to "spirit" or whatever name we call that which is beyond naming...

and sometimes it takes a "re-claiming" of "spirit" for those who don't recognize that they too are creative beings to awaken to that truth...I really believe that if we have all been created by a Creator, then we all have the potential to express our inborn creativity...so sad when people say "I don't have a creative bone in my body"...how could that even be possible? Our very bones are infused with creativity!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...