Friday, September 18, 2009

For the Love of LeTTeRing ArT

I've been busy playing with those letter! I seem to have got an idea and I'm doing it to death. So often creativity dries up, the fear that you will never make anything or create anything ever again swirls around your head. Then it's time to rest, relax, let ideas gestate.... and eventually something emerges.

I have written out a series of 'positive' words and small quotations, scanned them and wondering if there is a market out there for mixed media artists or creative folk (perhaps card makers or collage) to use these on their own art work. Perhaps printed out on canvas, acetate, cards, paper, transtrace, rubber stamps? Such words as Dream, laugh, clarity, humor, love, pleasure, fulfil.....

A play with letterforms and different pen, both fine line and broad edged, can lead to finished pieces. I think I need to reconnect with the freedom I felt when I first saw Lettering Art as opposed to Formal Calligraphy for the first time. Ahhh the wonder of those letters which come alive on the page.....
Where this will lead and for what reason is a mystery, and I'll post regular updates on my blog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...