Monday, May 11, 2009

Something for the weekend?

Well, best laid plans and all that! I did intend to post over the weekend, but somehow my time was filled and I never got round to it. So I’ve downloaded photos for 3 posts and all ready to upload once the writing is done.

Over the weekend a new bath panel prompted me to redecorate the bathroom, which is the first step to redecorating the whole house. And now I know that decorating and sight loss is no barrier to painting walls, there’s no stopping me! Glossing the doors will be OK but the skirting and door frames will have to be done by someone else and probably paid for. Never mind, needs must.

Had a visitor all weekend (yes, ok folks - said Beltane man! I am trying to put him off....honest! ! lol) Despite telling him I really don't want or need a man in my life right now (or for the foreseeable future come to that) he seems to be persistent, cocks his head to one side and smiles....Hmmm now getting to wonder who's kidding who! lol. Seems the defences are lowering bit by bit her.

I didn't see the full moon, but we did go out to have a look...I will admit to seeing the most gorgeous sunrise though. Time flies when you're having fun. Anyway, once he had left I swept and scraped up yet more gravel from the back garden….don’t know where THAT came from. Something in the pond moved and caught my eye…


Then closer…….


Simba! My female ginger cat! SAT IN THE POND! Now I always think she’s a sandwich short of a picnic but sat IN the pond! I'm now thinking she should be renamed Simple Simba!

Then later I found her hiding again….
In an old scratching post hovel. Probably not very unusual you may think, but the darn things never used it to hide in when it was in the house!

My veg are growing well, almost everything seems to be sprouting as it should and it’s keeping me busy watering and tending my little organic garden.

I’ve finally decided on the gravel for the back garden, so once I’ve sorted out the liner and laid that I’ll get the stones ordered. The Beltane energy certainly seems to be around!

Ceri: regarding protection for your home....have you tried a broomstick? Better still a very large baseball bat! lol. Only kidding, hunny, I know how scary it can feel living on your own and feeling vulnerable. I'm almost sure your problem was caused by the wind, it can look like theres been a tornado in my garden at times.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...