Monday, August 20, 2007

Saturday's Workshop

Canvas Workshop - Below is my canvas


Saturday morning...10am....rain and a broken nights sleep. Not the best way to start a workshop, but these folk know me and are very forgiving! lol.

After the statutory cups of tea and coffee, a catch up on the latest happenings and a quick demonstration on how I create my backgrounds, my able students went off and produced backgrounds of their own.
As time went on quotations were found that suitably suited their creative backgrounds. An impromptu mini lesson in painting on Wonder-web to create a textured surface that can be fixed to card as well as ironed on fabric to embed items onto. (Thanks Sarah!)

Jill decided to add these squares using this very technique! Unfortunately the photo is a bit light and doesn't do the actual piece justice. It's hard to see from the photograph but Jill sprinked glitter in this piece. you can probably see it in the top left hand corner. So I think she qualifies as a Glitter Sister!




This is Sarah's piece and she had informed us on the morning that she wanted to do a piece for a friend who was moving away and she needed to give her it on Monday!!! No pressure then Sarah? I'm sure her friend will be delighted!




And this is Susan's piece. Isn't it fantastic? The lettering suited this piece really well. It is common for calligraphers to emphasis one word as a form of contrast to the rest of the piece. Susan only had a very short time to practice the lettering for this piece and I'm glad that it worked.


I really enjoyed the day. It was a gentle day with no hurrying. I think everyone did so well, and I'm really proud of them. They didn't want their faces included in my blog, which is a real shame....but there again it's MY blog and would probably be afraid of being associated with the Purple Pixie!


We hope to repeat the day again as soon as all these camps are over and done with. Thanks girls...I really enjoyed the day.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...