Monday, March 26, 2007

The weekend and the week to come


The water feachure...ever garden needs one!

Spring Equinox 21st March…and spring has sprung! And the pixies created more magic in the garden!
What a complete difference in a week! Who can believe that only a week ago I and the other Glitter Sisters were freezing our bums off at Thirsk Railway station? Today and indeed yesterday…the weather is fantastic! Saturday, although it was a pretty bleak day with not much sunshine, the Pixie partner did his Garden God thing and built a gate leading from the back garden to the side garden. This enables us to take down the former fence and make the side garden much larger. Me? I did my Domestic Goddess act and spring cleaned, sorted and tidied the house…I’m not saying it’s a mess but it took ALL DAY! usually I can go top to bottom in a couple of hours which just goes to show how much I miss (or choose to ignore! Lol)

Sunday Tony Pixie woke up with a really bad sinus headache and ended up nodding off to sleep on the settee for an hour or so, which gave me the incentive to iron! He woke up feeling much better and we ended outside to work some more on the magical garden and enjoy the sunshine.

As is fitting for this time of year we dug and planted , and sowed bulbs and seeds, we created a water feature and Tony cemented the post in for the sheltered patio. He even got chance to mow the grass! Today he’s managed to get the wood for the sides and the roof, so we’re all fired up for working some more this evening….while the sun shines. Did I mention that we are making the shelter out of as much recycled materials as possible. The gate is made from Pallet Wood and still has the makers mark on it. We think it looks great!




Outside the temple...the plaque reads: Be gentle with our earth

The gate is to the right of the picture...shame I didn't close it first! lol



Bit by bit it's growing. The posts are in place :o)
Ok…that’s all for now, while I’ve got the bug I’d better get on with more cleaning and tidying…at the studio this time! I seem to work in disorganised chaos these days. Space is at a premium and so much stuff is in boxes on the floor that SHOULD be on the shelf, that I fall over myself. I really need to sort out this week, and Spring always seems to be the perfect time to do it. so I’ll be back soon. Keep on creating!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...