Thursday, March 22, 2007

Glitter Sister in training?


I hate hospitals.... I make no bones about being Hospital phobic! Yesterday I had to go for my check up to see how my eyes were. I have a condition called Presumed Ocular Histoplasmosis Syndrome a long word that sounds a far greater thing than it really is. Basically the 'condition' causes bleeds on the back of the eye which then through the eyes natural ability to heal itself causes scar tissue and this causes the blindness. It can be potentially life threatening but my first diagnosis was in November 1997 and I'm still here so I guess not always (lol) Anyway, the day went well, no fresh bleeds and another years reprieve! YEAH! Because the hospital is so close to my mums, I arranged to go over and visit. I was met with a very sleepy (just woke up) little girl, Rachel my niece...who couldn't wait to show me what she had for Aunty Sue.

Bless her, she had collected some tiny acorns and a leaf, which I was informed by my mum HAD to be red! Of course Rachel....what else! lol. I told her I would put them in my Spirit Box and showed her this blog. She's off school at the moment with Chicken Pox. I'm really impressed with this girl, she's a Glitter Sister in the making. She loves all things sparkly and loves to dance, she's shy and choosy when it comes to people but VERY independent! She loves to paint and make a mess, especially with glitter. Nasty Grandma put it in the bin after it found it's way all through the kitchen, living room, dining area, chairs, sofa, carpet....etc. etc. etc. But we've persuaded Grandma to buy some Glitter Glue so the Glitter Girl in training is active once more!


I asked her to show everyone her lovely Glitter Skirt so I could put her picture on my blog, so here she is proudly displacing her dancing skirt and sparkly shoes! Despite the fact she's poorly with Chicken Pox.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...