Monday, February 21, 2011

Catching up....the last 2 weeks

Phew! What a busy couple of weeks! Time just seems to fly when you're having fun......Last weekend was over far too fast, but much was achieved....Steve managed to get more kilning done and his new range of Kiln fired, dichroic glass studs are well on the way and will be added to his wedsite soon.

Here's a close up of the gorgeous little gems which look like rainbow dewdrops. I love the colours as they catch the light....


Last week I was asked to make Thank you cards... a chance to use my foiling machine....

And some Order of Service for a funeral.

In the middle of it all, there was of course, Valentines Day.....and a chance for Calligraphers everywhere to do something a little personal for their loved ones.

These are just a couple of pictures from the book....a full rundown

can be found at my Inspired by Script Blog


Because all things must change and my business is going in a new direction I've been clearing clutter. Clutter that has accumulated for over 20 years. I've given a lot away and my lovely son and partner did a couple of tip runs at the weekend. Slowly, everything has a place again and out with the old frees up the mind wonderfully. What I no longer have a need for I am finding new homes for, which in turn opens up their creative minds too. Holding on to thinks sometimes keeps us stuck and the studio was seriously getting on top of me. I had no room to move and this can get very depressing at times.

It's now opened up and within the next couple of weeks, I'll have a creative space that is both practical and functional.

This week though, I have to concentrate on the Wedding Fair planned for this Sunday. After going to the last one, I know what's expected of me and I can introduce my new foil cards......I'm so excited!

The most wonderful thing about being in a relationship with another Creative Spirit is the mutual support and the bouncing off each other of ideas. I'm so glad Steve came into my life. Things are going well for us both regarding the business.....it shows what the love of a good man can do.

Next week we are at a Lifestyle and Fashion Bazaar, so there will be no rest for a wee while yet :o)

4 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Must be the time of year, Poppie. I've been cleaning clutter and reorganizing things, too

Kath said...

what lovely work Sue.

Sue Simpson said...

Ahhh Spring is on it's way CJ....and we have got a head start!!! lol xxx

Sue Simpson said...

Thanks Kath....now I've cleared some clutter, perhaps I will get even more inspired. Hope you are still loving your new life :o)
I really must catch up on everyones blogs.....time seems to fly past these days xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...