Monday, January 28, 2008

North East Scribes More Photos

I don't know what's happened over the last couple of weeks.... perhaps the floods distreacted me, but I've had these photos and meant to blog them ages ago!
I started my teaching career way back in 1988 and 20 years ago!!!! Where does the time go!!!! Anyway, it was ironic that I found myself back at the Art Centre in Darlington to teach some of my closest friends from my calligraphy past and some of these people I have known for the 20 years that have passed. Not too worrying until you realise that I was then younger than my son is now! NOW THAT’S SCAREY!

Anyway, the second Saturday in January we all met and I was there to teach them a contemporary lettering style to use in contrast to their more formal lettering that is so common for the calligraphers in the UK to use.
And below are some of the photo’s their wonderful work! Didn’t they do well? And remember this was the first time most of these folk had done this particular style.
It was a fantastic opportunity to catch up with everyone, reminisce over old times and remind ourselves of the fun and laughs we have shared over the years.
The Art Centre has been revamped, refurbished and remodelled. I’m not sure I like the clean cut image that the building now portrays…. I remember the ‘good old days’ where there were Beer Festivals, Folk Festivals and Jazz nights….. Where the students hung around at lunchtime and the whole place had a ‘lived in’ feel…. Oh yes for the Good Old Days. Oh no….now I’m starting to sound old! Reminiscing and being nostalgic about the past! Have to stop this, Pixies don’t get old! Lol.
Please keep scrolling down for more of the work from the students of North East Scribes


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...