Thursday, October 18, 2007

There's Always a Rainbow


Dreams are renewable.
No matter what our age or condition,
there are still untapped possibilities within us
and new beauty waiting to be born.
Dale E. Turner
As Winter draws closer, and the night and mornings grow colder and more crisp, the warm days of Summer are slowly becoming faded in my memory. Winter herals a time of hibernation and as the clocks go back next weekend the day draws to a close even more abruptly.
To me Winter is a time of slowing down, a time of reflection over the last year....seeing where I've been, how far I've come and what my plans are for the coming year.
I use to hate Winter and suffered badly from Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D). Now I've come to appreciate it....there's something extra special about coming home from a long day at work, closing the curtains, putting the fire on and chilling out with a good book all cozy, safe and warm.
It's all a matter of shifting your focus and seeing the benefits of what we perceive as a negative situation.
Despite it being really cold and frosty this morning, the sun is shining and the sky is clear.... Hmmmm I feel a song something on....
Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got the strangest feeling,
Everything's coming my way
If there's a situation that hasn't turned out as you wanted it to, or something that you feel strongly negative about
try your best to see the positive side of it....
there's always something good to focus on, however small.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...