Sunday, October 14, 2007

Courage and Endurance

It never ceases to amaze me at the sheer courage and endurance that some people will go to in order to give to and help others. This morning I recieved the following email from a guy who organises The Didge Camp at Lime Tree Farm.......

Hi, sorry to push this on you,

Just thought you might be interested in following or wanting to support one of my brothers mates who is rowing the Atlantic and raising money for diabetes UK? If you are able to offer sponsorship they've still got lots of space on the boat for your name.

http://www.2menpulling.co.uk/501.html

If you aren't/don't then sorry for bothering you.

Kevin


I followed the link and this is what I found...

athis is taken directly from their website... and I make no appologies for stealing the words.....

Why this charity?
As an injecting diabetic, this is a charity close to Neil's heart. We're not aware of any diabetic who has undertaken an endurance event of this size before and the impact of diabetes is unknown. Please support our main charity by clicking the link SPONSOR US NOW It's worth noting that every penny sponsored goes straight to the charity - including gift aid too if you're a UK tax payer. Thank you for your support.

Please, if you can, give genourously....if not then every little helps.... however small.

My Mother-in-law, her son and her parents were all diabetic and as a genetic thing my son is also at risk, I also have a friend who little girl was diagnosed at only 18 months old and have had quite a few friends that have this condition over the years, so this charity is close to my heart.
I'm sure everyone reading this wishes them well and will be lighting candles for their safe return.

Love, light and bright blessings,
Sue xxx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...