Saturday, July 07, 2012

Light blue touchpaper and stand well back!

Excuse me..... but I am about to rant!
and the rant is all to do with this post.
Darlington Borough Council you stink!


VERY SAD to see that the Art Centre in Darlington has now closed. Many happy memories of starting my first teaching job here way back in 1988. Attended many workshop, ran courses and went to many concerts here to. The place was very special to me and in the days when I taught there, was the hub of many Folk Festivals, Beer Festivals, Art Exhibitions.... oh and so much more.
Now Darlington and the wider catchment area which it served, has been closed.... because Darlington Borough Council want to spend their money on more 'useful' projects!
As always the Arts just DON'T COUNT under this damn government!
Perhaps if you hadn't done numerous refits on the cafe area D.B.C. you would have had MORe money to run the place!
I remember when the Centre was open from 8am - 11.30pm. The cafe and bar were opened and served all day too! Whatever happened to that? It has been under the threat of closure for years. Youth groups, art groups and singing and musical workshops have gone a long time ago. Proof that the Council really never gave a ****!

I am one of the very few fortunate people to have been all round that building.... I had a long guided tour many years ago and it's never left me. Sadly, not many saw the fantastic studio spaces upstairs and the amazing rooms and architecture... it's a tragedy that Darlington Borough Council spent so little money on it's upkeep over the years! D.B.C. you disgust me!

Like forking out for those ridiculously stupid looking water fountainy thinks which looked more like somewhere to park your bike, were TOTALLY out of character with such an old building and were a complete and absolute waste of money as..... THEY NEVER WORKED!!!  And I mean the water didn't flow out of them!  


Once again, this bunch of asse'oles, that profess to be 'Working for us!' make decisions that affect a large group of the population and once again it's the Arts that gets it in the next.... while Banks (god love them) get bailed out, time and time again.

Oh.... but I see the flea pit of a theatre is staying open!

 RANT OVER!

P.S. There are so many things I could tell you about this place and so many reasons why it should stay open.... but at the moment I am far too angry and the words would just come out all wrong.

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than open it and remove all doubt!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...