Friday, May 04, 2012

FUN FRIDAY - 9 VERY easy steps to draw Doodle Flowers

Drawing a Doodle Flower is easy! 
This 9 step process will have you drawing Doodle Flowers in no time.





ALL YOU NEED IS:
A fine line waterproof pen 
and some good quality cartridge paper.

STEP 1
Draw a circle or an oval



STEP 2
Draw a spiral in the centre 





STEP 3 
Draw 5 spider legs coming from the round shape




STEP 4
Join the lines up to make petals 


STEP 5 
(You are half way there
to drawing a Doodle Flower! 
From the centre draw 3 lines and 
on the centre line draw 3 dots

STEP 6
Draw a shading line on the 
corners of each petal.

STEP 7
Draw a line around the whole of the flower shape
 STEP 8
Use a squiggle pattern to fill in the outline

STEP 9
Join up the shading lines at the top 
of each petal with lines or dots.

 There you have it!
That's all there is to it!
Your Doodle Flower is complete!
Just add some CRAZY colour!


NOW: Using the same formula,
go and make some of your own.
Try drawing some leaves as well!
Changed the shape of the petals....
or add some more.
Get the kids involved and above all else,

HAVE FUN! 

Next week on Friday Fun Day
I'll show you how to add some colour,
my way!

All you will need 
are some WATER BASED BRUSH PENS
(Non-waterproof, non-pigmented) 
and one of those WATER BRUSHES 
will come in handy too! :o)


Oh.... and one last little thing...
Don't forget to share this post 
by clicking on the share buttons below 
Sharing is Caring! 

6 comments:

miruspeg said...

Hello Sue
I always tell myself I couldn't draw to save my life, but this example of drawing through doodling is truly beautiful.
I love your flower and will attempt drawing one myself.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Cheers
Peggy

Nina Fenner said...

OOOhh lovely thank you. I've done one, treated myself to a 'sharpie'. ...just need to take a picture, I'll put it on my blog and link to yours. Don't hold you breath tho', might take me a day or so! Looking forward to a 'colouring in' demo.x

Sue Simpson said...

Sorry I'm late in commenting. Life is pretty hectic. SO glad you liked the post and had a little go yourself :o)
I WILL do more posts and add links to other inspirational 'doodlers'
The doodles help me relax.... and are a complete change from my 'real' work lol xxx

Eulita said...

Thanks ! I've just tried it and it's real fun :-)

Sue Simpson said...

Thanks Eulita for having a go! It was my wild intention of doing one post a week on these doodles, but this week has ran away with me :-)
I'll post more very soon and also do a mini workshop on how to paint them.
Glad you liked them xxx

Callie said...

Merci pour cette "façon de faire". Cela donne l'impression d'être facile et que l'on peut y parvenir même sans savoir dessiner. Merci beaucoup.
- - - - -
Thank you for this "how to". This gives the impression of being easy and that this can be achieved even without knowing how to draw. Thank you very much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...