Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chrsitmas Calligraphy Commisions at the studio of Inspired by Script

It’s been a flourish of activity at the studio these past couple of weeks. I so much prefer working to commission that supplying shops who seem to take months to pay their bills despite constant reminders and their promise to pay.
I love dealing face to face with clients looking for something truly unique and individual.

My first commission was a 60th Birthday card. The sentiments were simple, yet personal. It was made in the recipients favourite colours pink and purple.

Next was a concertina Book on Love by Kahlil Gibran,
in creams and gold’s.
And some Christmas cards. These were a mixture of Hand Lettering and font, an ideal compliment to each other. I was particularly enamoured by the 3 page fold and was really please with the overall effect.
It’s some time since I did this style and so often we, as calligraphers get stuck in a rut and use just a very few of our ‘stock’ favourites. I must do more of these letters I love them!
Click on the photo to enlarge to see a closer view.
Lastly, there were some party invitations to make for a company in Harrogate. Now I’m particularly nervous about these as a) I didn’t deal with the client direct, but through a 3rd party and b) the Client has no idea about my work and what we modern day calligraphers ‘do’.

I’m always worried about doing anything too contemporary unless the client fully understands Lettering as an Art Form rather than just neat letters on a page. Hopefully, they will be pleased with the result.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...