Tuesday, May 26, 2020

It's been a long time! Since I've seen you....move over darling!

Hi tribe! 
WOW! A whole 6 years and 5 months since my last blog post!..... really where does the time go? So much has changed and yet so much has stayed the same!

I've toyed with the idea of starting a new blog... many, many time, I dreamt up titles and started with good intentions, but somehow nothing seemed to fit! Nothing felt quite like the warm comfortable space that I created way back in September 2006

In those days blogging was still new and I created it as a sort of diary with photos recording my thought, my pets, my garden, my spiritual life, my passion for all things paper and my little business Inspired by Script. (Yes I'm still hanging on in there!) 21 years who would have ever believed that!?



Facebook was still relatively new and Instagram hadn't been invented!  the only way to get photos n your blog was to buy a digital camera and laboriously download them each night, save them to your hard drive and then upload from there. Now we have photos on our phones and can add them in an instant!

Through this blog, I made many friends also with the desire to share their lives with the outside world. Blogging wasn't the commercial venture it seems to have turned in to these days. It was simply a way to connect and share our passions and deepest thoughts. 

Since those early days... I've met my soul mate Steve, my son got married 11 years ago and I've become a grandma of 2 awesome kids Daisy who is now 10 and Mylo who is 8. My cat family has left and been replaced, but I still have Dodger (now 17 years old). 



So why restart this blog rather than leave the past behind and start something new and fresh? 

The whole COVID19 (Damn thing!) Made me do it! 

I'm not going to lie and tell you that everything in the garden is rosy. Like most people, this has been a very emotional time of ups and downs and whys, ifs and buts. I've spent hours trying to find the positives in this whole world-altering thing (and I have) but I've also spent hours in tears, mourning the loss of life but equally, kindness seems to set me off just as much. 

I've loved the fact that the earth has time to recover from the pollution which has ruined the eco-system, I love the laypeople are speaking to each other, caring for neighbours and stepping up to the mark and for once considering others before themselves. (That's how it used to be yanno!). I've loved how parents are finally interacting with their kids and also getting creative with them. Teaching them about nature. Speaking of nature I think i9t's truly awesome how people have had time to STOP and actually take note of the little things around them.  People who are lucky enough to have gardens are now appreciating them and seeing the benefits of being close to nature by just stepping outside. The small joys of life suddenly become a big deal during lockdown! 



Above my own little builtin sanctuary,
aptly called the Zen Den


And here's a non staged picture taken today.

Back to the blog!

I came to realise that no matter what titles I came up with, they didn't quite fit me like this old familiar glove. I toyed with the idea of deleting all the old posts and starting fresh. I looked over some posts and thought either OMG! 'What???? Did I really write THAT!' or simply cringed at others, however in my higher wisdom, I've decided to keep the posts and the blog and most of the elements on it. If you choose to read past posts that's fine, there are some hidden gems amongst them (I promise).
That was life then and this is me now. Not sure I am wiser, but I'm definitely older. 


This is me. I make no apologies for being me. 
Take me or leave me, I am what I am!

If you are new here.....welcome, This is just my on-line journal of life as a creative spirit. Homelife mixed with studio life. The ups and the downs.
Probably a mish-mash of all sorts of random shit mixed in.  

Please feel free to connect and leave a comment. It will be good to see how many people this reaches. 
with love and bright blessings, Sue xox

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...