Friday, March 28, 2008

Old Kitchen New Kitchen

A few weeks ago I told you I was getting a new kitchen fitted. Nothing special in that, except it’s 20 years since I had this one put in and even then it was second hand from my next door neighbour who was moving.
My neighbour had only had the kitchen a couple of years and I bought it off her….just a few months before the housing association said they were coming to fit a new one. I told then that I had bought one so not to bother. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I applied for a new kitchen and was approved.

Funny it ‘really’ didn’t look that bad until all the surfaces were emptied and everything went into boxes in the shed…. I had made an attempt of painting it a few tomes just to tide me over, but there’s’ only so much you can do. I put off decorating for the last couple of years as I just knew the minute I had it painted the beggars would turn up to rip it out, you can count on that.

This was the kitchen before….

2 and half days later, the electrics were all redone, the washing machine moved and wired in (no more extension lead!), the fridge was wired in and an extractor fan fitted, the cooker was moved, the kitchen was fitted, the tiling was done and all I had to do was make a few cups off coffee and stay out of the way… oh yes and keep my menagerie safe upstairs too. It must have been a record!

This is what it looked like when they left……


2 weeks later T came round and painted the ceiling and walls for me, just the glossing to do now which can wait until a rainy day. Somehow lavender doors no longer go with light terracotta…. I wanted a colour and what a job…. I (like Violette) ‘Don’t do beige! Anyway, I’m well pleased. The dark worktops make a good contrast with food that I prepare so I can see so much better without straining my eyes and knocking things off worktops that I haven’t seem (always good for a laugh) . The photos and this blog entry are for my mum really as she’s unlikely to see the kitchen anytime in the near future.

Anyway, I digress... this is what it looks like now!

I was dreading the whole upheaval of the new kitchen and really thought it would be a mammoth task, but I’m sure you’ll agree, it was worth waiting for.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...