Friday, September 29, 2006

Calligraphy and Lettering Art

(Clcik picture to enlanrge)

CREATIVE CLUTTER
IS BETTER THAN IDLE NEATNESS!

Well it's finally happened....the studio is a health risk! The shelves are packed to bursting, the cupboards won't close and the floor is littered with boxes....all full with MY WORK! Roughs and finished peices are everywhere. Why am I saving them? The time has come to have a hugh clearout and set up an Ebay shop to get rid of this stuff that's becoming more of a hazard as each day passes.
Much of the work has hung around since my teaching days. Some of it is work that has not quite worked out at the time, but then a chance glance, one realises it's not that bad afterall. It's time for it to move on and find another resting place. One where someone at least can get the pleasure from it.
I;m slowly (very slowly it seems) emptying the shelves one by one and sorting into 3 piles. 1 for finished or almost finished pieces, 1 with lettering tryouts that could have or should have worked and 1 pile for the bin! I have set up 2 journals one for layout and design ideas and 1 for lettering styles and ideas.
How did it ever get to this? Years ago when my sight enabled me to teach the pieces had to be in an orderly fashion and I used to have to be able to get my hands on stuff quickly, depending on the class I was teaching at the time.
I'm away for the weekend....but have started so I'll finish...perhaps early next week and my agenda is all ready set for the next 3 weeks.
Next week is finishing off the clearence and opening an ebay shop. The week after is filling my portfolios with samples and the 3rd week is getting my Wedding Portfolio finished. Here cometh Winter....BRING IT ON!
The picture above is just some (and I mean SOME) of the work I will have for sale.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...